Post Nerve Repair Surgery Chaos

December 11th John took me to get my nerve repair surgery at Danville so that I could potentially get my tongue numbness to subside. I remember being awake at the hospital periodically  a couple times while I was still at the hospital, but no sooner did I regain consciousness I was out again. One of the few things I remember from the ride home was getting sick in the truck and then I vaguely remember waking up a couple times and feeling really cold. Once we got back home I basically slept for about three days and then I started to actually be able to function again a little bit. I wish I could say that I felt better after the surgery, but I’m still struggling to get back to feeling like myself. The first week after the surgery I went into work for half days on Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. I ended up having to take off on Wednesday and Thursday because while I was trying to recover I actually came down with a cold that I was not prepared to handle at all. It pretty much made me feel like I was going to die and of course I still have that cough that won’t go away. I’ve been taking some decent prescribed cough syrup, but that makes me feel tired, so it’s yet another catch twenty-two situation. I have multiple co-workers that are sick and I’ve been trying to avoid them because I feel like they aren’t taking anything at all for it and the last thing I want is to get sick again, but I need to work at the same time.

Today was our Christmas party at work also, which was a little low key since we were missing two of our employees and we all ended up eating at different times. It probably didn’t help that I made a trip to the bank in the middle of it either. We had some hamburger barbecue, macaroni salad, chips, and cookies. The food was pretty good, but I had some coffee this morning which made me feel sick and heightened my acid reflux symptoms, so it made everything I did today a little more complicated, because my throat has felt like it was on fire all day.

Aside from that I have been spending a majority of my time sleeping off the effects of the surgery and working on my Winter Intersession class. The class has been going better than I expected so far and I actually managed to get a 98% on my first exam and I have received full credit on each of my other assignments. So far I’m pretty happy with the way it’s been going and I hope that I can continue to get similar grades, although our professor mentioned that the work we’ve done so far was apparently easier than what we have to look forward to. I almost wish she hadn’t bothered to tell us, because now I’m slightly discouraged, but overall I’m still hoping for the best.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s